I'm thrilled to be invited back a second time to share improvisational tools for dancing to live music in a safe space. Our ears will be tuned into the intricate nuances of melody and rhythm, helping us to express our unique dances and improvise with freedom and confidence. I will be joined by two guest musicians.
The end of this class will flow right into an Ecstatic Dance DJ set with Omar Aena, ending with a sound meditation + closing circle.
New to Ecstatic Dance? Here's a little bit about what it is:
Ecstatic Dance is a community gathering that encourages freedom and expression through dance. Join us and experience a safe and inspiring space to dance without talking, drinking, and the nightclub vibe. This is about self-expression, freeing your mind and body, and connecting with yourself and those around you. No booze, no shoes and no chit-chat on the dance floor helps us keep it intentional. Amazing music helps us keep it all about dance!
- No talking on the dance floor (plenty of room to talk off-floor)
- Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
- No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
- Care/Awareness for the space and each other
- Move your body however you wish
- You can dance alone, or with as many partners as (you) like to join. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart – Namaste.)
What to Bring:
- Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
- Water and a water bottle.
- Ecstatic Dance empowers people from all walks of life to freely express themselves, regardless of shape, size, and background. The liberating atmosphere creates a melting pot of acceptance, and the fearlessness with which people move gives newbies permission and courage to dance without inhibition.